If you enjoy working in a startup environment using an agile development process. You may be the right person to help us execute our vision. You must be proficient in an Open Source programming language such as Ruby, Perl, PHP, Python, Java etc. Having working knowledge of MVC frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, CakePHP , Django , Catalyst, etc. and solid SQL skills in databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL is desirable. Direct knowledge or experience developing mobile applications is a plus.
- Able to work independent and take ownership of assigned development areas.
- Acute attention to detail and unit testing to produce reliable software.
- Able to code web pages by hand using standard CSS/HTML.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal – able to communicate complex concepts clearly and accurately.
- Responsible, self-motivated & objective-driven.
- An excellent understanding of HTTP, HTTPS, HTML & SQL
- Comfortable on the UNIX command line.
- Experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails is a big plus.
- An understanding of agile development practices.
- Degree desirable but not required.