Fixit offers a convenient platform to search and hire local services. As an early stage venture backed startup, the company is focussed on product development and customer acquisition in Singapore, and will be looking to expand into other SEA markets in the next 2 years.
We are in the midst of building the A-team that will grow along with Fixit and define the company's success with meticulous efforts and vision.
We are willing to offer a competitive salary (negotiable) and a significant equity stake in the company as joining bonus!
We would love to hear from you and discuss more on the specifics!
We are looking for a highly talented and motivated Ruby on Rails developer to join with us to build Fixit.sg into a household name for local services. You will be performing critical tasks in the product development space that include but not limited to the following,
- Join the founding team to develop the existing product (from MVP to V 1.0)
- Write robust, clean, modular and scalable code on RoR
- Work on payment gateway, search filter algorithms, user profiles, SMS/SMTP gateway, user review management
- Build and implement best practices for product development
- Co-ordinate with UI/UX engineers, marketing team (SEO,SEM, Analytics) closely
- Constantly work on improving the overall solution architecture (backend modules, automation, etc)
- Assist in hiring and managing the tech team
- Work closely with the founding team to assist in product management and growth strategies
- Take control of server infrastructure, security and testing environment
- Enthusiastically participate in cross-functional discussions and productivity
- 2 years+ Ruby on Rails dev experience
- Full stack experience from MySQL to Rails to Rspec to Coffeescript
- Bachelors/Masters in relevant technical stream (computer science, computer engineering or similar) preferred but not mandatory
- Any part time projects to showcase - web or mobile app development (preferred)
- Prior startup experience is a plus
- Server side experience, front end skills, analytics, SEO/SEM would be a bonus