Alliance 21 is a specialised logistics company offering a full suite of logistics
solutions for our customers. We are looking for a software engineer to push the
boundaries of logistics through technology, and to help the company in its digital
Our technology stack is primarily Ruby on Rails, and we deploy to Heroku and Heroku
Postgres, complemented with Amazon Services. We make great use of Bootstrap, jQuery,
and where we have complex front-end requirements, we use React JS and Redux to manage
We are looking for software engineers that share our values of:
- Writing clean, maintainable and efficient code.
- Designing robust, scalable and secure features.
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of new and cutting edge technologies into design.
- Design and implement new features for the company web platforms.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Follow best practices (test-driven development - RSpec, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards).
- Fixing and cleaning of bugs, and performing updates and upgrades to the infrastructure.
You should possess the following qualities:
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Proven working experience in developing applications with Ruby on Rails.
- Proven working experience in software development.
- Experience developing highly interactive and functional applications.
- A firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design.
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code.
- Good knowledge of relational databases.\r\n• Working knowledge of NoSQL databases.
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Good time management skills.