You evangelise Ruby on Rails as the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of Internet. You go around telling people that whatever they did last month, you can do it with a couple of gems in a matter of days. More importantly, you have a couple of products to show what you proudly helped build & launch using Ruby on Rails.
Passport Asia is revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry in Asia with its unique gym-sharing platform. With a single flexible membership, consumers gain access to the finest boutique fitness studios in the region, allowing them to easily incorporate exercise into their daily lives. We are a fully funded venture headquartered in Singapore with presence in 4 countries, and plan to launch in another 5 by the end of the year.
Check us out at: http://www.mypassport.asia and feel free to download our app on an iPhone or an Android device.
We are looking for an energetic individual to join our team of hands-on engineers, and help us improve and scale the Passport Asia platform. You'll work with a product development team to create new features, web applications, and scale current technology processes.
- Develop new features, products, and applications
- Improve existing engineering and server operation processes
- Translate functional requirements to code
- Identify scaling bottlenecks and propose solutions
- Enhance testability of our applications and APIs
- Give technical feedback on early concepts
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Maintain git repositories across multiple threads
Skills we are looking for:
- Ruby on Rails - You need to have worked with RoR over a couple of product cycles to know the best practices. You should be aware of the way RoR framework evolved over the last couple of years.
- Software Design Patterns - You should have honed your problem solving skills by mastering software design patterns. Like a skillful tactician, know what strategy is suitable for its relevant contexts.
- Passion - Yes, we love building products, show us what you have built with your blood & sweat.
Bonus points if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Please Note: Applicants must be Singapore citizens / PR or Malaysian citizens / PR.