ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We are dedicated to the art of perfecting software delivery by keeping it lightweight, fast-moving and open-source. Our clients are people and organisations with ambitious missions - whether in the commercial, social, or government sectors. They trust us to deliver the disruptive thinking and technology that empowers them to succeed. ThoughtWorks aspire to be a better business and strive to have a positive impact in the world. We are a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals. In our 20th year, over 2300 ThoughtWorkers are currently serving clients from offices across 11 countries. We are seeking passionate technologists who share our mission. We want hackers, philosophers, activists – courageous people with good hearts and creative approaches to problem-solving.
We are currently looking for talented people in Singapore who are equally as passionate about software. If you are someone who loves the idea of helping the technical community locally to grow then we want to talk to you!
As a Developer, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Learn something new everyday
- Travel the world
- Speak at conferences
- Write blogs and books
- Start new offices in places you’ve never been before
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Build bespoke software solutions
- Evangelise Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery coding best practices
- Mentor and coach your colleagues both within ThoughtWorks and on client site
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Development and delivery experience with Java, .NET and/or Ruby
- Experience of developing large, custom-built object-oriented applications
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of software best practices, like test driven development and continuous integration
- Experience of working in a forward thinking, OSS-centric environment
- Previous experience with Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum, is not essential - but an interest in learning more about this approach to software delivery is!
- This role will be based in Singapore, however you can expect an element of travel so ideally you’ll be flexible to travel should we need your expertise in our other offices. The travel requirement should not discourage you from applying though so if you have limited capacity, please still speak to us.
Please apply if you are interested in taking on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges every day. We will ask you to write code as part of your interview process, so be prepared!