Dropmysite is the industry leader in cloud backup & archiving. We help SMB’s & prosumers securely backup, recover & protect all website, email & mobile data.
Our platform is on Linux and AWS. We also use MongoDB and Postgresql. If you know the web stack well, that is a big plus.
You will need to be able to problem solve, be self-motivated, be able to contribute to collaborative software projects. We are looking for people who challenge the status quo and think of new more efficient ways of doing things in a constantly evolving technical landscape.
- Work end to end on various new modules for our core product
- OO Ruby development without the use of Rails
- Algorithm design, development and implementation
- Design, build and deploy to AWS EC2
- Lead, mentor and collaborate with other engineers
- Test Driven Development
- Gain experience with DevOps based procedures and techs
- You need to bring with you solid understanding of web infrastructure, with atleast 3 years of Ruby on Rails - development
- Knowledge of JQuery and Bootstrap is a plus.
- Good basics in SQL and experience with Mysql and Postgres database.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and distributed systems.
- Hands-on experience with Unix operating systems.
- Strong ability to collaborate and communicate.
- Knowledge of security best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to work independent and take ownership of assigned development areas.
- Acute attention to detail and unit testing to produce reliable software.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal - able to communicate complex concepts clearly and accurately.
- Responsible, self-motivated & objective-driven.
- Comfortable on the UNIX command line.
- An understanding of agile development practices.
- Degree desirable but not required.